This Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online User Information (“Privacy Statement”) applies to AGB Inc. and its worldwide subsidiaries (“AGB,” “we” or “our”), but not to those AGB subsidiaries that have published their own privacy and security statements. This Privacy Statement also does not apply to the websites of our business partners or to any other third parties, even if their websites are linked to our website. We recommend you review the privacy statements of the other parties with which you interact.
This Privacy Statement governs Personal Information we collect from our customers and online users (“you”), as well as information we automatically collect from your online visits (e.g. data collected via cookies). Please refer to your warranty statements and AGB’s Return Policy for policies that apply to information contained on hard drives returned to AGB.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, “Business partner” means any subcontractor, vendor or other entity with whom we have an ongoing business relationship to provide products, services or information. “Personal Information” means information that identifies you, such as your name, telephone number and email address..
Information We Collect:
We may ask you to provide Personal Information when you
- Use our websites;
- Request quotes, services, support, downloads, trials, whitepapers or information;
- Place orders for products or services or register for events or webinars;
- Apply for a credit card or financing;
- Participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotional activities online or in any other venue;
- Subscribe to newsletters, AGB programs, promotional emails or other materials;
- Apply for a job, submit your resume/CV or create a candidate profile; or
- Contact us.
Personal Information we request may include your email address, name, home address and telephone number. If you make a purchase, we may ask for your credit card number and billing information. We may also ask for your Social Security number and other data to process your credit or financing request. Job applicants may be asked to provide information such as educational background, employment experience and job interest, and such information can be recorded and processed in different countries. We may also collect demographic information, such as your business or company information, age, gender, interests, and preferences. Forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
We may collect information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with AGB websites and services. We may also collect certain information from the browser you used to come to our website, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and to which URL you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with AGB, information collected through one source may be combined with information AGB obtains through other sources. This may include information that allows us to identify you across multiple devices through which you access our websites. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other parties, including our Business Partners and other third parties.
Some AGB services may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such services, both AGB and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with the co-branded services, and may use the information according to each company’s privacy statement and other agreements with you.
How We Use Personal Information:
AGB uses your Personal Information to:
- Deliver the services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested;
- Send communications to you, such as product safety information, your transaction status including order confirmations, information about particular AGB programs in which you have chosen to participate, information about products and services available from AGB and its subsidiaries, promotional offers and surveys;
- Facilitate communications from AGB Business Partners;
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, services (including the content and advertisements on our website), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our website(s), our business(es), or our products or services; or
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection.
Personal Information collected may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which AGB or its subsidiaries or Business Partners maintain facilities.
Disclosing Personal Information:
We may share your Personal Information with subsidiaries or Business Partners to carry out transactions you request, or to make our business or that of our subsidiaries more responsive to your needs, which includes our subsidiaries providing you with information about AGB, and AGB-branded products and services. These communications may include requests relating to AGB and AGB-branded products or services or offers. We will only share your Personal Information with Business Partners who agree to protect your Personal Information and use it solely for the purposes set forth by AGB.
In addition, AGB may share your Personal Information with participants in our sales and marketing chain, including but not limited to retailers, resellers, distributors, integrators, order fulfillers and some sales agents (“Channel Partners”), for the limited purposes of selling, marketing or providing support for AGB products and services.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if AGB (or a part of AGB) is sold or merges with another company; or if AGB reasonably believes it is necessary to protect AGB, its customers or the public.
Except as described above, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
How you can access your Information
AGB wants to help you keep your Personal Information accurate. To view or edit your Personal Information that has been stored online in your AGB account, please visit the My Account or
Premier Account sections of the agbstech.com website. For the security of your account, you will be required to sign in with your login ID and password. If you have any questions about the type of Personal Information we hold about you or if you wish to request deletion or correction of Personal Information we hold about you, please send a written request to infoagbstech.com or the postal address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
Selecting you communication preference and Opting out of marketing:
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from AGB by indicating your preferences. Opportunities to select your preferences include the following:
- The My Account and Premier Account sections on agbstech.com allow you to choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from AGB, and to subscribe or unsubscribe to newsletters about our products and services; and
- When you save a cart while shopping online, you can choose to receive email reminders;
- Any marketing by AGB, or any third parties on behalf of AGB, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include where applicable methods to allow you to express your preferences (including the possibility of being removed from our advertising and marketing lists as set forth above).
Please allow up to 10 business days for your email preferences to take effect. Because some promotions, such as direct mail catalogs, are developed in advance, you may sometimes receive solicitations after we receive your preference request.
How we secure your Personal Information:
AGB takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details;
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep personal information secure; and
- where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information.
Collection and Use of Childrens Personal Information:
AGB takes children’s privacy seriously. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 through our websites. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any personal information through our websites without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
A cookie is a piece of text that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Depending on the settings you have selected, your browser adds the text to your device as a small file. Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies as you prefer. The Help portion of your web browser, most likely found on the toolbar, typically tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of AGB’s essential features, including allowing you to save a Shopping Cart and remembering items in your Shopping Cart between visits. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of AGB websites and services that depend on cookies.
Targeted Display Advertising by AGB and Others
“Do Not Track” Signals
Targeted Email Marketing by AGB
Some marketing you receive, including email marketing, may also be personalized based on your visits to AGBstech.com and your browsing and purchase history. In addition, when you click on some links in email marketing you receive, our email service provider may place a cookie on your browser. This type of cookie would be linked to your email address or IP address and used to gather information about the products and services you view and purchase on AGBstech.com. Information gathered may be used to personalize and customize future email marketing messages you receive. You may opt out of this use by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in every personalized email marketing message you receive.
Social Media Feature:
Links to Third Party Website and Services:
Please be aware that AGB provides links to other websites, which if you click on them may collect Personal Information about you. The information practices of those third-party websites linked to AGBstech.com are not covered by this Privacy Statement.